Eric Nies (RW1: New York)
Jon Brennan (RW2: Los Angeles)
Rachel Campos (RW3: San Francisco)
Cynthia Roberts (RW5: Miami)
Sean Duffy (RW6: Boston)
David "Puck" Rainey (RW3: San Francisco)[Roadmaster]
- The Road Rules: Northern Trail cast handed off the keys to the Winnebago after their season ended in Lake Placid, New York.
- One assignment required the cast to perform on stage in front of an audience, with each cast member reenacting memorable moments from their respective season of The Real World. Eric reenacted the Afrocentric viewpoints of his housemate, Kevin Powell, which Powell had expressed when the two had an argument on the issue of race. Jon put on a black spiked wig and spoke in a thick Irish accent in imitation of his housemate, Dominic Griffin. Rachel imitated housemate David "Puck" Rainey, with whom she and her other housemates had a very contentious relationship. Cynthia simulated the act of lifting her shirt to expose her breasts, as housemate Flora Alekseyeun had done more than once during the Miami season.
- Rachel refused to put on the Hot Dog on a Stick uniform in Venice Beach, California because it would upset her parents and demean her education.
- Cynthia criticized Rachel for behavior that she felt stemmed from an attraction between her and Eric.
- As a practical joke, the male contestants were assigned to cook a meal for the women, which included a soup filled with dead insects, unbeknownst to Rachel and Cynthia. After consuming the soup, the women were told the soup's ingredients, which upset Cynthia so much that she threatened to leave the show.
- The team received an assignment from a mysterious character named Mr. Big. When they finally met him, it was revealed to be David "Puck" Rainey.
- Rachel and Sean fell in love, would eventually marry, and have several children.